- PhD in Informatics: Institute for Language, Cognition and Computation. University of Edinburgh (in progress, est. 2022)
- Master in Informatics, Computer Science. Pontifica Universidad Católica del Perú. 2016
- Bachelor of Science, Informatics Engineering. Pontifica Universidad Católica del Perú. 2012
- Machine Learning Summer School. London. 2020
Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (2014-2018, external collaborator since then)
Researcher: Projects on machine translation and development on language technologies for Amazonian languages, and in computational linguistics methods for studying lexical variation and obsolescence.
Research assistant: Projects on machine learning applications for plants image recognition and semantic annotation of web documents using linked data.
Awards & Grants
- NAACL Emerging Region Funding (2020-2021): To support the organisation of NLP events in LatAm (NLP summer school in Peru).
- Amazon Web Services Research Credits (2018): Research credits to support my NLP research for language technologies development in Peru.
- NVIDIA GPU Grant Program (2017): Titan Xp awarded to support my NLP research for language technologies development in Peru.
- CONCYTEC funding: (2015, 2018): Research grants for the development of language technologies for Amazonian languages in Peru.
- PAIP - PUCP (2015): Research grant from the Vice-Rectorate of Research to support my master’s thesis.
- Organiser of the NLP & MT summer school series (2020-2021) in Peru.
- Co-founder of Chana and host of a bi-weekly reading club on Computational Linguistics and NLP for Amerindian languages.
- Reviewer of: WMT, MT Summit, LoResMT, ACL SRW, WiNLP, LatinX.
- Co-organiser of the Applied NLP workshop series (2017-2019) in Peru, co-located with SIMBig. This was the first NLP academic event in the country.